Friday 26 June 2009

Connecting the Dots......

26th June 2009 - Friday - 9:59 PM

I am still at work. Looking at the screen I realise that I am unable to concentrate and need some break. My brain refuses to think and I cannot look into the excel sheet any longer.

The 2.0 world keeps me occupied with entertainment. But then again - IT companies block good websites to ensure productivity(Seriously?!). Luckily Twitter keeps me up-to-date with the latest news, gossip, and entertainment that I need. It also helps me connect quickly to my buddies.

As I type this post, I wonder - What am I doing here?

A typical rhetorical question. I know - I am not cut out for this corporate world. I know it and people around me, know it. Then why am I here? Good question.

Whilst pursuing my internship in the very same company 3 years back, I was sure I wouldn't return to it. 28th June 2006 - I finished my 2 months here and said to my boss, I think I know what I wanna do.

Today, I am back in the same office with a different boss and my x-boss 6 cubicles away from me. He said, 'Welcome back' to me on my first day 7 months back. I remembered my last words to him NOW as I glanced through my journal. A habit to look back into old emails, old posts and the old hand-written journals. To look at what I did on the same day of the month, a year or may be 2 or 3 years ago.

All the old emails brought back memories. Memories of enthusiasm, energy, zest, faith....

Today, I am penning down memories of ........

I think I know what I wanna do.

3 comments:

Gradwolf said...

as long as you know what you want to do, everything should be fine :)

maxdavinci said...

u'll sprout wings n take flight soon.

I've always believed in doing something only if your heart is in it.

and yes I like the grease dabba in one hand and screwdriver in the other!

Sanctified Spaces said...

hey Ive been there and done that...still floundering...I know that feeling...felt the same way in my stint too..were are soul sisters in that way!!